OHEI Community Conversation: What is Health Equity and Why Should We Care
Thursday, December 16, 2021
11:30am - 12:30pm
Community Conversations is an opportunity for faculty, staff and student to come together bi-weekly to engage on meaningful ways to increase belonging at Michigan Medicine. We feel that it is important to carve out space for dialogue, provide support for one another, promote self-care, and share valuable resources. The sessions are designed for space to hear your voice and all are welcome!
This session will address:
- The Public Health framework that surrounds the concept of health equity
- Health equity terminology and concepts
- Why health equity concept important?
- How Michigan Medicine is promoting health equity
- What can we do as individuals to promote health equity
- Dr. Pryor – Pathways and Learners Lead – Office for Health Equity and Inclusion