Holiday parking and transportation updates
The holiday season is upon us! And with it comes changes in the parking and transportation options available to faculty, staff and learners.
Here’s what you need to know:
Campus and Michigan Medicine service will be modified as follows (see Holiday Calendar):
- There is NO BUS or SHUTTLE SERVICE on Dec. 24, 25, 31 and Jan. 1.
- Modified service will operate from Tuesday, Dec. 21 – Thursday, Dec. 23 (see Holiday Calendar). Parking permits remain required in all lots and structures (until noon on Dec. 23).
- Between Wednesday, Dec. 23 and Sunday, Jan. 2, only Wall St. Express (weekdays only) and Winter Break Northwood routes will operate.
- Wall St. Express will run a special holiday schedule between 6:15 a.m. and 8 p.m. on weekdays to and from the Wall St. area and the U-M Hospital. Bus frequency will vary from 7-8 minutes depending on the time of day. Please check the departure schedule.
- Commuter lot parkers are encouraged to park FREE along Wall Street and walk or take the Wall St. Express to/from the hospitals. There will be NO BUS SERVICE for Glazier Way, Mitchell Field, NC78, NC90/91, Green Rd., Crisler Center and East Ann Arbor commuter lots from Dec. 24 – Jan. 2. Regular service to these lots will resume on Jan. 3. See Holiday Parking Map.
- Winter Break Northwood buses will run every 40 minutes and will follow the Winter Break schedule.
- East Ann Arbor Employee Parking Shuttles, Michigan Medicine Late Night Service (ends 6 a.m. Fri, Dec. 24), Ride Home and State Street Ride will not operate from Dec. 24 – Jan. 2. Service will resume on Jan. 3.
- Paratransit Service will not be available on Dec. 24, 25, 31 or Jan. 1. Registered passengers who need service between Dec. 26 – Dec. 31 may call Golden Limousine directly at 734-999-0468 and choose option 1. Normal operations will resume on Jan. 3.
From noon on Thursday, Dec. 23 until 6 a.m. Monday, Jan. 3:
- Parking permits are not required in most U-M parking lots and structures. Recommended “free” parking options for Medical Campus employees include:
- Structures: Glen, Ann, Catherine, Wall St., Palmer and Fletcher
- Lots: M27, M28, M29, M34, M50, M65, M66, M87 & Fuller Pool
- Parking permits are required in P1, P2/P3, P4 & P5 structures, M71 and M95 (Arbor Heights) surface lots. These parking areas will be enforced throughout the holiday season. In addition, special signed spaces (Gold, Accessible, Service, Business, Commercial Vehicle, etc.) will require appropriate permits and remain enforced at all times.
- Yellow AVI permit parkers will have access to park in P3, P4 and P5 during the day as is typical for holidays/season days beginning on Fri, Dec. 24 (program description).
- Medical Campus afternoon or night shift staff, whose schedules do not align with Wall St. Express bus service or “free” options, can park in P2 (Dec. 24 – Jan. 2). Staff must exit via a patient/visitor lane and show their Yellow or Orange parking permit to the attendant for free exit.
- Patient and visitor parking will continue at P1 – P5 throughout the holiday season, except on Dec. 24, 25, 31 & Jan. 1, when parking will be free.
- Patient and visitor parking at Fletcher and Palmer Structures will be free throughout the holiday season (Dec. 24 – Jan. 2).
- Parking Customer Services Offices (523 S. Division St. and UH South) will be closed beginning Dec. 24 and will reopen at 7:30 a.m. on Jan. 3.
- Fleet Services will be closed Dec. 24 through Jan. 2. Vehicles to be rented over the season day period will need to be picked up prior to closing on Dec. 23. Fleet Services will reopen at 7 a.m. on Jan. 3.
- Service Stations: The Baxter Road Service Station will remain in service throughout the season day period. The Kipke Drive site will be accessible on a limited basis, as the gates for the SC10 Lot will be closed during non-operational hours.
- Fleet Garage will be closed Dec. 24 through Jan. 2. For vehicle emergencies when the garage is closed, contact University Police (763-1131) and your call will be returned by a garage supervisor.
- Waste and recyclable collection needs will be monitored and performed during the season days as needed. Call the Facilities Services Center (647-2059) if there are additional needs.
Thank you for your cooperation!