Workshop: Practice session: Facilitating Conversations for an Anti-Racist Workplace
This workshop is open to faculty and staff who are managers and supervisors who want to hone their facilitation skills for discussions with their teams on anti-racist topics.
Note: Attendees of this practice session will have already attended Facilitating Conversations for an Anti-Racist Workplace prior to attending this session.
In this session, managers and supervisors will have the opportunity to further practice the skills introduced to them in Facilitating Conversations for an Anti-Racist Workplace. The majority of the time will be spent in breakout rooms practicing facilitating team meetings using the templates provided.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Practice facilitation skills for short discussions on sensitive topics with their team
- Advance their self-confidence as a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) discussion facilitator
You will benefit by:
- Improving facilitation skills that support brief discussions on sensitive topics
- Learning how to create an inclusive, safe environment for discussions
- Having a plan for what you’ll do if tensions arise
This workshop is facilitated by the Advocacy and Professional Development subcommittee of the Anti-Racism Oversight Committee (AROC). It is hosted by the Office of Faculty Development but is open to all Michigan Medicine Faculty and Staff.
If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to attend this workshop or have questions about accessibility, please contact us at UMMS-Faculty-Development@med.umich.edu.