Plan ahead and expect delays: Road closures around Ann Arbor
October 8, 2021 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised of upcoming and ongoing road closures around Ann Arbor.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area. Here’s what you need to know:
- From now until Friday, Oct. 29, the following streets are scheduled to be closed for fiber-optic service upgrades:
- Miller Avenue from North First Street to Chapin Street (bike lane closure)
- Chapin Street from Miller Avenue to West Huron Street (road closed and parking lane closure)
- Temporary lane closures may occur during the work.
- Pedestrian traffic will be maintained but may also experience detours.
- Today, Oct. 8, until 9 p.m., Liberty between Fourth Avenue and Division is expected to be closed for the Ann Arbor Spark Tech Trek special event.
- From now until 11 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 10, the following streets are scheduled to be closed for the A2 Artoberfest special event:
- Fourth Avenue between Catherine and Huron
- Ann Street between Main and up to the fire department before Fifth Avenue
- Beginning at 7 a.m. on Monday, Oct. 11:
- The easternmost lane of Division Street from Huron to Catherine is anticipated to be closed ?and Division Street will be reduced to one lane of northbound traffic. During this time, access to all businesses and residences will be maintained on both the east and west side of the road. There will be no street parking on the east side of Division in this area during construction.
- The intersections of Division/Catherine and Division/Ann are expected to be closed to through traffic. The following detours will be in place:
- Vehicles travelling westbound on Catherine Street will be detoured north on State Street, west on Kingsley Street and south on Fifth Avenue back to Catherine Street. Note: During the construction workday, local traffic on Catherine Street between Division and Fifth Avenue will enter this block from Fifth Avenue. Two-way traffic on this block will be maintained with flaggers. At the end of the construction workday, local traffic will resume one-way access via Division Street.
- Vehicles travelling eastbound on Ann Street will be detoured south on Fifth Avenue, east on Huron Street and north on Thayer Street back to Ann Street.
- Local traffic will be maintained in all areas, and local businesses will remain open and accessible. This work is expected to be completed by 5 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 10, and the roads reopened to vehicle traffic.
- In all areas, pedestrian through-traffic will be maintained on one side of the street at all times.
- From 9 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 13 until 3 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 14, traffic will be detoured on Miller Avenue between North Ashley Street and North First Street.
- Westbound traffic will be detoured northbound on North Ashley Street, westbound on West Kingsley Street, southbound on North First Street back to Miller Avenue.
- Eastbound traffic will be detoured northbound on North Ashley Street, eastbound on West Kingsley Street, southbound on North Ashley Street back to Miller Avenue.
- Local traffic will be maintained.