Plan ahead and expect delays: Ann Arbor road closures
October 22, 2021 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised of ongoing and upcoming road closures around Ann Arbor.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area. Here’s what you need to know:
- From today through 8 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 28, Manchester Road is scheduled to be closed to through traffic between Washtenaw Avenue and Medford Road.
- Work will take place between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday-Saturday.
- During this closure, traffic will be detoured via Medford Road, Saint Francis Drive and Washtenaw Avenue.
- Pedestrian traffic will be maintained.
- From 3 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 24, the following streets are expected to be closed for the Ann Arbor Marathon:
- South Fifth to Hill
- Hill to Brown
- Brown to Hoover
- Hoover to Division
- Division to Hill
- Hill to East University
- East University across pedestrian mall to North University
- Palmer Field path to Observatory
- Observatory to Geddes
- Geddes to East Huron River Drive
- East Huron River Drive to North Dixboro
- North Dixboro to Gallup Park Pathway
- Gallup Park Pathway through Mitchell Field to Fuller Road
- Fuller Road sidewalk to East Medical Center Drive sidewalk to Arb entrance and then Arb trails to Washington Heights
- From Tuesday, Oct. 26 until Friday, Oct. 29, water main work is scheduled for the intersection of South Seventh Street at West Liberty Street.
- Vehicles driving on South Seventh through the intersection of South Seventh and West Liberty will experience alternate lane closures which will be controlled by flaggers.
- This work may cause backups and delays.