MiChart upgrade coming Oct. 17
This Sunday, Oct. 17, is the next upgrade for MiChart, the electronic health system for Michigan Medicine. This will be the final planned upgrade for 2021 with a goal to introduce new features, limit impact to the organization, and maintain regulatory requirements.
The Fall upgrade will include updates, system maintenance and new features to the MiChart application. The newest upgrade will enable some key changes and enhancements, including:
- New Image Exchange feature in Care Everywhere allows viewing of scanned documents from outside organizations.
- Secure chat improvements: Availability statuses with no end time will no longer expire and the ability to update message auto-forwarding for others.
- Radiology technologists will be able to use the Rover mobile app to begin portable XR exams in real time.
For more information
Please visit the Fall MiChart Upgrade project page.
MiChart System downtime for the upgrade will be from 2 a.m. to 5 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 17. Guidelines and procedures to follow during this time may be found on the news and updates page of the MiChart website.
The MiChart system is now locked down. For more information on any limitations resulting from the lockdown, see the tip sheet: Workflow Limitations: Transparent Upgrade Lockdown. The MiChart teams will be unable to make changes to the system during this time until the activation is complete on Sunday, October 17.
Training materials are available for all MiChart users to review on the MiChart Fall Upgrade project page. For the Fall upgrade, eLearning modules are only being pushed out to the Revenue Cycle Department. The content is organized by role and contains slides of relevant changes, with links to tip sheets and/or videos where applicable. All clinicians and MiChart users are encouraged to review the content to ensure a seamless upgrade and go-live.
Updates will be posted regularly to the MiChart Fall Upgrade project page following the downtime. Watch also for the “Daily Flash” newsletter which will be distributed daily to provide updates on changes and new tip sheets.
For MiChart upgrade questions or related issues:
- For non-urgent issues, start at the Michigan Medicine Help Center: help.medicine.umich.edu to chat with an agent (Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.) or submit a ticket.
- For critical issues, call the Service Desk at 734-936-8000
You must be logged in to post a comment.