U-M Transit to adjust routes effective Tuesday, Sept. 7
On Tuesday, Sept. 7, Logistics, Transportation & Parking will introduce a service change to address feedback received and other challenges experienced during the first week of the Fall Term. Service will continue to be monitored over the coming weeks.
- The Bursley Baits and Northwood Loops will be replaced with the Bursley Baits and Northwood routes operated prior to the pandemic. Please note that the Campus Connector is still operating for travel between North and Central campuses.
Bursley Baits: On weekdays, the route will operate from 7:15 a.m. to 2 a.m. at a 15-minute frequency. On Saturdays and Sundays, the route will operate from 8 a.m. to 2 a.m. at a 15-minute frequency.
Northwood: On weekdays, the route will operate from 7:15 a.m. to 1:55 a.m. at a 20-minute frequency. On Saturdays and Sundays, the route will operate from 8 a.m. to 2 a.m. at a 20-minute frequency.
Weekend service will include the Bursley Baits, Northwood and Oxford Shuttle (pre-pandemic) routes. The Campus Connector, Green Rd-NW5 and Oxford-Markley Loops will now operate on weekdays only.
Oxford Shuttle: On Saturdays and Sundays, the route will operate from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. at a 15-minute frequency.
The Logistics, Transportation & Parking website will be updated with the new route information by early next week. Please note that the newly added routes will not be available in Magic Bus.
Preventative measures that remain in place on the campus bus system include:
- Face coverings are required. No mask, no service.
- Moveable shields installed as a barrier between passengers and drivers.
- Drivers will take advantage of stops to open doors for increased ventilation.
- Increased air filtration and open windows for all buses.
- Cleaning and disinfection protocols for frequently touched surfaces inside the bus.