Project update: P5 (CVC) parking structure critical construction repairs
Please be advised that critical repairs associated with the P5 (CVC) Parking Structure continue to progress. The information below has been updated due to weather delays last week.
Here’s what you need to know if you park in the area:
- Gold and Patient/Visitor parking spaces, with the exception of approximately 10 Patient/Visitor spaces for construction staging, have been reopened.
- The project team will start applying a waterproofing layer within the Phase 1 work area (lane adjacent to the CVC main entrance) today, Sept. 28. This is heat-applied and can have a strong odor, but will be done in the open air and is not dangerous.
- On Wednesday, Sept. 29 and on Friday, Oct. 1, the team is scheduled to pour the concrete topping slab for the Phase 1 area. An additional pour date will also occur next week. Concrete trucks will stage along East Ann Street within the cutout for the Pavilion at U-M Health site, and concrete will be wheeled over to the site.
- On the pour dates, the north sidewalk along Ann Street is scheduled to be closed. Signage and pedestrian barricades will be in place to route pedestrian traffic to the south side of Ann and to the south crossing at the traffic circle. The contractor will reopen the sidewalk following the conclusion of pours each day.
- Once the concrete work is finished in the Phase 1 area, the project will proceed to work on the outer lanes of the CVC circle drive.
The project is targeting an early November completion date (please note that conditions and weather can impact the schedule).
Thank you for your patience and understanding during these critical repairs.