Plan ahead and expect delays: Lane closures around Ann Arbor
September 22, 2021 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised of lane closures scheduled to take place around Ann Arbor in the coming days.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Beginning today, Sept. 22, fiber-optic service upgrades are taking place in downtown Ann Arbor. In relation to that work, temporary lane closures are expected on East Kingsley Street, North First Street, Miller Avenue and Catherine Street.
- Loading/unloading of construction materials, removal and installation of concrete driveway openings and approaches, and the removal and replacement of pavement may cause these closures.
- Pedestrian traffic may also experience detours, as required.
- This work is expected to be completed by Wednesday, Oct. 6.
- Beginning Friday, Sept. 24, a right lane closure is scheduled to be in place on Packard Street between Woodmanor Court and Platt Road.
- The eastbound vehicle lane will be shifted into the left lane.
- Flagging operations will be utilized during this closure.
- Pedestrian traffic will be detoured to the opposite site of the street.
- The work is anticipated to be completed by Friday, Oct. 8.