Deadline approaching: Jack Billi Award for Inspiring Quality Improvement
Submissions for the inaugural Jack Billi Award for Inspiring Quality Improvement are due soon! Submissions are due by the end of the day Friday, Sept. 10.
This award was created in recognition of Jack Billi, M.D., a longtime U-M physician and faculty member who has had a tremendous impact on quality improvement work in our organization.
This award recognizes someone who exhibits the passion for quality improvement that Billi inspired. Nominations will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Exudes enthusiasm for improvement and learning
- Treats work as an experiment: finds and fixes the root causes of important problems
- Models “Go See, Ask Why, Show Respect”
- Engages, coaches and inspires others to improve their work
- Has applied quality improvement methods resulting in measurable change and transformation in a unit, department or the larger organization.
For more information and to access the nomination form, click here.
All Michigan Medicine faculty and staff are eligible for the award, with the exception of those who are fully appointed to the Quality Department.
The winner will be announced during this year’s Quality Month Symposium.
More information on the symposium will be available next week so keep an eye on Headlines for updates.
Learn more about the Jack Billi Award by checking out The Wrap podcast below!