Call for nominees: MADC junior investigator conference award
The Michigan Alzheimer’s Disease Center is pleased to announce that the competition for the Isadore and Margaret Mezey Junior Investigator Conference Award is now open. The award is available to junior investigators (graduate students, post docs, fellows, assistant professors) from U-M, Michigan State University or Wayne State University who have a keen interest in advancing their careers in the dementia field.
The award will pay up to $1,000 for expenses associated with participation in one national or international conference focusing on the latest discoveries in neurodegenerative research and clinical practices. Up to two awards will be determined by a review committee, and awardees must use the award by March 2022 to present a poster or talk at an annual meeting associated with major brain-related associations or societies.
To apply, an abstract, biosketch in NIH format and career summary explaining how the Mezey Award would advance your career development and goals as related to neurological diseases is due Oct. 15 by 5 p.m.
Applications should be submitted through the U-M Medical School Office of Research’s Competition Space portal located here. More information regarding the format of the application is available below.
- Abstract: Limited to 200 words, not including title, topic area, author, author affiliation, conference name/location, poster or talk information. Use Arial font 11, 1/2-inch margins.
The abstract should include the following information:
- Abstract title
- Topic area
- Author affiliation (division/department/institution)
- Contact information (phone/email)
- Conference name/location/dates
- Indicate if you will present a poster or talk
- Career summary (up to one page) describing how the Mezey Award will advance your career development and career goals related to neurological diseases. Use Arial font 11, 1/2-inch margins.
- Biosketch in NIH-format – https://grants.nih.gov/grants/forms/biosketch.htm.
Please submit the abstract, career summary and biosketch combined into one PDF and labeled with your lastname_ firstname_institution (UM, MSU, WSU).