U-M President Mark Schlissel to attend Sept. 10 medical school virtual faculty meeting
Medical school leadership will hold the second U-M Medical School faculty meeting of the calendar year on Friday, Sept. 10. U-M President Mark S. Schlissel, M.D., Ph.D., will be the featured guest.
Faculty can convene virtually from noon-1 p.m. at this Zoom link: https://umich.zoom.us/j/99111743014?pwd=UjFadzhESitjVWUvY3lFT3hJWTJ6dz09
President Schlissel will deliver remarks and update attendees on topics of interest to university faculty and he also will answer questions.
In order to facilitate a meaningful conversation, faculty are encouraged to submit a question anonymously, or to suggest additional agenda items for the meeting by filling out this form.
In addition to President Schlissel’s participation, Interim Executive Vice Dean for Academic Affairs and Interim Chief Academic Officer for Michigan Medicine Brian J. Zink, M.D., will give updates on:
- Flexible first/remote work
- Faculty professional allowance, travel, hosting
- Faculty engagement survey results/wellness
- Faculty Workforce Planning Committee
- UMMS bylaws changes
- Chair and other leadership searches
- Appointments and promotions
- Virtual interviewing for medical students and residents