Reminder: Student Move-In 2021 now underway
Don’t forget, thousands of U-M students are coming back to campus this week for the start of the 2021-22 school year.
Once they return to campus, masking protocols, vaccination requirements and other measures will be implemented to ensure faculty, staff and learners remain as safe as possible amid the ongoing pandemic.
But first, please be advised of traffic and parking changes that are scheduled to go into effect today, Aug. 25 until Sunday, Aug. 29 to make the move-in process as smooth as possible.
Here’s what you need to know:
With the cooperation of the City of Ann Arbor, the following streets in the immediate vicinity of residence halls will see traffic-flow alterations from today through 11 p.m. on Aug. 29:
- Thompson: one way southbound from Jefferson to Packard; meters bagged
- Madison: one way eastbound from Packard to South State; meters bagged
- Observatory: one way southbound from East Ann to Geddes; meters bagged
- East Washington: one way westbound from Fletcher to Thayer; meters bagged
- Maynard from Jefferson to East William: meters bagged
- East University between Hill and Willard: meters bagged
- Church Street between Hill and Willard: meters bagged
- North University Court: meters bagged
- Oxford: parking reserved for move-in from Hill to Geddes
- Washington Heights: closed from Observatory to E. Medical Center Drive; meters bagged.
- East Ann: one-way eastbound from Zina Pitcher Place to Observatory; meters bagged
Most, if not all, parking meters in the immediate vicinity of residence halls will be bagged and reserved for students and families who display the proper move-in unloading permit.
Several university parking lots will be converted to move-in use ONLY for the duration of move-in.
University lots that will be impacted today through Sunday, Aug. 29 are as follows:
- Lot M28 (on Washington Heights)
- Lot M95 (just east of Markley Hall): west half of lot will be for move-in participants
- Lot E1 (on North University Court across from Stockwell Hall)
- NC32 (Bursley/Baits)
- Palmer Drive Parking Structure (N26): all visitor parking will be for move-in participants. Entry/exit gates will be raised from 8 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 25 – 6 a.m. Monday, Aug. 30 with the exception of 6 a.m. – 8 a.m. each morning.
- Gold and Blue permit parkers can still use the visitor entrance lane to access parking.
- W16 (“Triangle”) Lot: Thompson at Madison and Packard will be controlled for move-in
- Thompson and Hill Parking Structures
Please note that the Thompson and Hill parking structures will be used for overflow move-in parking. Entry/exit gates will be raised from 8 a.m. today – 6 a.m. Monday, Aug. 30, with the exception of 6 a.m. – 8 a.m. each morning (not including Sunday).
Additionally, Wall Street area structures have Blue parking availability for Medical Campus parkers who typically use M28 or M95.
Bus route adjustments
Both the Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority and U-M Logistics, Transportation & Parking will be modifying some bus routes to accommodate the changes in traffic flow. Please visit the AAATA website and the LTP service alerts page for details.
Once again, uniformed Housing Security and Safety Officers and university police officers will be on-site during move-in and will aid in maintaining efficient traffic-flow in the residence hall areas.
For additional information about Student Move-In 2021, please see the housing website.