Plan ahead and expect delays: Road work, special events around Ann Arbor
August 30, 2021 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised of ongoing and upcoming road work scheduled to take place around Ann Arbor.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Beginning today, a resurfacing project is scheduled to take place along Plymouth Road from Maiden Lane to Murfin Avenue.
- During Phase 1, two-way traffic — a single lane in each direction — will be maintained in the two north/eastbound lanes.
- Work will be conducted between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- The project is anticipated to be completed by Friday, Sept. 24.
- On Tuesday, Aug. 31 and Wednesday, Sept. 1, Packard Street between South State Street and Hill Street is expected to be closed for resurfacing.
- Between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. on those two dates, all traffic will be detoured onto Hill Street and South State Street.
- Packard Street will be fully reopened to traffic each of these days after construction operations are complete.
- From 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 1 and Thursday, Sept. 2, North University between Fletcher and Thayer is scheduled to be closed for the Festifall special event.
- From 4 p.m. until midnight on Saturday, Sept. 4, Washington Street between Fletcher and Thayer is anticipated to be closed for the Go Blue Mix special event.