Plan ahead and expect delays: Road work near medical campus
August 12, 2021 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised of upcoming construction projects that will likely impact traffic around the academic medical center.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Expected to begin on Monday, Aug. 16, and be completed by Wednesday, Aug. 25, lane closures on Huron Street and Glen Avenue will be in place for utility improvements.
- The westbound, right-turn lane from Huron onto Glen will be closed and the northernmost, westbound through lane on Huron will be converted to a right-turn-only lane onto Glen.
- The southbound, right-turn only lane from Glen heading westbound on Huron will also be closed; right turns onto westbound Huron from Glen will be maintained from the center lane.
- Additionally, the northernmost, westbound lane on Huron will be closed from Glen to slightly past Fletcher.
- Anticipated to begin on Monday, Aug. 16, and be completed by Tuesday, Aug. 24, Baxter Road will be closed at Dean Road for utility work associated with the Dean Road Transportation Facility project.
- Local traffic only will be maintained on Baxter from the west at Huron Parkway.
- Westbound through traffic will be detoured south on Green Road, west on Hubbard Road and north on Huron Parkway to Baxter Road.
- Eastbound through traffic will be detoured south on Huron Parkway, east on Hubbard and north on Green Road back to Baxter.