Call for nominations: Jack Billi Award for Inspiring Quality Improvement
Submissions are now being accepted for the second-annual Jack Billi Award for Inspiring Quality Improvement! This award was created in 2020 in recognition of Jack Billi, M.D., a longtime U-M physician and faculty member who has had a tremendous impact on quality improvement work in our organization.
This award recognizes someone who exhibits the passion for quality improvement that Billi inspired.
Nominations will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Exudes enthusiasm for improvement and learning
- Treats work as an experiment: finds and fixes the root causes of important problems
- Models “Go See, Ask Why, Show Respect”
- Engages, coaches and inspires others to improve their work
- Has applied quality improvement methods resulting in measurable change and transformation in a unit, department or the larger organization.
For more information and to access the nomination form, click here or check out the latest episode of The Wrap employee podcast.
The podcast can be found via YouTube at the top of the page or the media player below. (Please note, the media player is not compatible with Internet Explorer, so open this story in a new browser or search for The Wrap on your personal device to take a listen.)
All Michigan Medicine faculty and staff are eligible for the award, with the exception of those who are fully appointed to the Quality Department.
Submissions are due by the end of the day on Friday, Sept. 10. The winner will be announced during this year’s Quality Month celebration.