Bus capacity limits lifted today
Effective today, Aug. 2, based on guidance from university public health officials, passenger capacity limits have been removed from the campus bus system.
The removal of capacity limits is in line with TheRide, which is working under guidance from the Washtenaw County Health Department. Passengers will also again be allowed to board and exit from both the front and rear doors.
Preventative measures that will remain in place include:
- Face coverings are required. No mask, no service.
- Transit routes designed for passenger trips to be completed in approximately 15 minutes or less.
- Moveable shields installed as a barrier between passengers and drivers.
- Drivers will take advantage of stops to open doors for increased ventilation.
- Increased air filtration and open windows for all buses.
- Cleaning and disinfection protocols for frequently touched surfaces inside the bus.