Blood drives to be held on medical campus in September
Michigan Medicine and the American Red Cross will be hosting blood drives on campus next month.
The drives are scheduled to take place at the following times and locations:
- 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 14, North Campus Research Complex, Building 10, Room G064
- 6:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 21, Towsley Lobby
- 6:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 22, Towsley Lobby
These drives are now open to the public. Attendees are required to follow the building’s mask mandates and respond to required COVID-19 screening questions via the ResponsiBLUE app.
To schedule an appointment, log onto RedCrossBlood.org (sponsor code: goblue), call
1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767), or email Erin Burns at email@example.com.
Appointments highly recommended. Please bring photo ID.
Additionally, volunteers are being sought to help at check-in and the canteen. Details about donating or volunteering at the drives can be found here: https://wolverinesforlife.org/events
Here are a few important notes to keep in mind:
- Individuals who have already received the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine are NOT required to defer blood donations. More info can be found here.
- The Red Cross set up a great website with details about their COVID-19 precautions: https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-blood/dlp/coronavirus–covid-19–and-blood-donation.html
- There is currently no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread through blood (more information on the FDA website: https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/mcm-issues/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-frequently-asked-questions).