5th annual CEW+Advocacy Symposium: Accessing & Navigating Systems
Tuesday, September 28, 2021
8:30am - 1:00pm
This symposium is free and open to all activists, advocates and allies from all U-M campuses (students, staff, faculty) as well as the local community. RSVP here: http://www.cew.umich.edu/events/5th-annual-cew-advocacy-symposium-accessing-navigating-systems
Join CEW+ for its annual fall symposium themed Accessing & Navigating Systems. This year’s symposium will feature:
- opening remarks by Christina R. Cutlip, PhD, Senior Managing Director, Head of Client Engagement and National Advocacy at TIAA
- the Mullin Welch Lecture given by C. Nicole Mason, PhD, president and chief executive officer of the Institute for Women’s Policy Research. The keynote will be facilitated by Catherine Hadley, a U-M senior majoring in Political Science and U-M’s 28th Truman Scholar.
- the awarding of the 2021 Carol Hollenshead Inspire Award for Excellence in Promoting Equity and Social Change. Awardees will participate in a panel discussion titled Amplifying Narratives and Engaging Communities to Create Systemic Change.
- a capstone presentation by outgoing CEW+ Twink Frey Visiting Social Activist Dessa Cosma, MA, founder of Detroit Disability Power.
- the announcement of the 2022 CEW+ Twink Frey Visiting Social Activist, Theresa Anderson, MPP, PhD, senior researcher at the Urban Institute.