Reminder: HITS pausing new non-urgent phone-related requests until Aug. 1 to enable service upgrades
This summer, HITS is working to improve how it handles many phone-related issues and requests. This includes partnering with a new vendor — Optanix — along with other changes that will make it easier for customers to report problems and request help.
To enable this upgrade, HITS is asking customers to pause new, non-urgent phone-related requests until midnight Sunday, Aug. 1.
During the pause:
- Customers should NOT call AT&T (800-498-4858) to report any issues or make any service requests.
- Customers who have new non-urgent needs are asked to wait to submit their requests until HITS resumes accepting routine requests again on Monday, Aug. 2.
- Customers who have urgent needs (i.e., if a device is broken, or a service is completely unavailable) can request help by filling out this form.
After the pause:
- Customers will NO LONGER call AT&T for urgent or routine phone-related issues or requests, but should instead use the appropriate intake form. These forms will be available at michmed.org/voice beginning Monday, Aug. 2.
- Staff can expect to begin seeing Optanix team members (who will be wearing red “contractor” badges) visiting their work areas to troubleshoot or perform phone-related work.
For complete information, visit: michmed.org/voice.