Quality Month announces 2021 schedule
This October, faculty and staff from across the organization are invited to celebrate Quality Month. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Quality Month will remain virtual this year.
Building on last year’s momentum, there will be a month’s worth of activities sharing quality improvement stories, recognizing teams dedicated to improvement, and learning how to continue building quality and safety into daily operations.
The theme this year will be “Building High Reliability into our Daily Operations.”
Highlights of this year’s events include:
- Wednesday, Oct. 6, 9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Keynote speaker Bryan Sexton, Ph.D., M.A., a safety culture, teamwork and workforce resilience expert.
- His talk is titled “Bite Size Coping During Times of Uncertainty.” In this enlightening and entertaining talk, Sexton will provide some perspective, hope and simple strategies to try during tense times.
- Thursday, Oct. 21, 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
- Networking/poster sharing session. This will be an opportunity to interact with the leads from posters connecting to the overall theme.
- Wednesday, Oct. 27, noon–1:30 p.m.
- Exemplar poster team will be sharing their work.
- The 2021 awardee of the Jack Billi Award for Inspiring Quality Improvement will be announced.
A full schedule of events can be found below:
Thank you for your continued support for quality and safety at Michigan Medicine!