Guidelines for resumption of events
All events should follow campus, Michigan Medicine and U-M Health guidelines, which are informed by the State (MDHSS) and CDC. As those guidelines evolve, this policy will remain fluid and reflect those changes.
Michigan Medicine will allow hosted outdoor events occurring on or after July 1 and indoor events occurring on or after Sept. 1, in alignment with U-M’s return to full capacity in-person athletic events, as well as the Office of University Development plans to host events.
These events will follow U-M, Michigan Medicine and U-M Health guidelines, which currently include the following and are consistent with state and CDC expectations:
- All guest attendees must complete ResponsiBlue (guest.responsiblue.umich.edu) prior to attending and show proof of green check mark at onsite registration.
- It is requested that all in-person event guests be fully vaccinated (if possible) prior to attending an event.
- Fully vaccinated (which refers to two-plus weeks post-second or final dose of vaccine) individuals who have verified that they are vaccinated will not need to wear a mask except for the following circumstances, regardless of vaccination status:
- in classrooms or any room being used for instructional purposes,
- on campus transportation and at bus stops,
- with participants in human research,
- in health care areas and areas where patients may be present, and
- when in clinical buildings with patients.
- Face masks must be worn by anyone who is not fully vaccinated or has not self-reported their vaccine information.
- Based on CDC recommendations, only individually plated meals, staff served buffets, or pre-packaged grab and go options should be offered.
Sources referenced in crafting this recommendation