Disclose outside interests in M-Inform in July
It is time to review and update your job-related, outside-interest disclosures in M-Inform.
Under Michigan Medicine policy, all employees are required to disclose job-related outside interests and keep their disclosures of outside interests up-to-date in M-Inform throughout the year. This means all employees must disclose job-related outside interests as they arise and update disclosed interests if they change.
Employees who are required to annually disclose job-related outside interests (e.g., executives, managers, faculty, house officers, PAs, APRNs and certain research staff) must do so as part of the annual disclosure period, beginning July 1 and ending Aug. 31.
If you are in the “annual disclosure” group of employees, you will receive an email reminder kicking-off the annual disclosure period. This email reminder will include a link to M-Inform with instructions on how to complete your disclosure.
M-Inform is the online outside-interest-disclosure system for all of U-M. Even if you do not have a job-related outside interest, all employees in the “annual disclosure” group must still log into M-Inform to complete conflict-of-interest training and attest to having nothing to disclose.
New for this disclosure period:
- A complete list of the changes to the M-Inform system for FY22 can be found here.
M-Inform disclosure guidance:
- For additional guidance on outside interests requiring disclosure, conflicts of interest, and conflicts of commitment, click here.
- For guidance on the role of committee leadership in identifying and managing conflicts of interest of committee members, consultants, and staff, click here.
- For international research and scholarship guidance, click here and here.
- For general questions, send an email to email@example.com.
- For technical questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.