Turning the page: New HITS Paging Office to open July 12
HITS is resuming in-person pager support and there will be a new office opening dedicated to paging services. The new HITS Paging Office — located at the entrance of UH South — will be open on Monday, July 12.
All HITS ‘Help Me Now’ walk-in centers have been closed since March 2020 due to COVID-19.
“Our customers have been vocal about how valuable our walk-up support service is and we want to come back and provide the same convenient, friendly, and efficient service they are accustomed to,” said Emily Fuentes, IS director for BusIT Administration.
“The HITS Paging Office is well positioned near the employee entrance to old Mott and has a small walk-up counter that will work great for paging transactions. Providing paging support to this location will also allow HITS to strategically optimize the utilization of our other locations.”
While HITS prepares to open the new location, there will be a ‘pause’ for paging services starting Friday, July 2 and lasting through Friday, July 9.
- Submit paging service requests (see options below) by Wednesday, June 30, for pickup by Friday, July 2.
- Pick-up and or drop-off any pager requests by Friday, July 2.
*Requests submitted after June 30 will be fulfilled and can be picked up at the new HITS Paging Office on Monday, July 12.
Current paging requests:
The HITS Service Desk is actively working to make this process more efficient and timely by:
- Continuing to work on paging requests during the ‘pause’ to get caught up before the grand opening of the new paging office.
- Adding additional team members to process requests.
Effective Monday, July 12:
- The HITS Paging Office will be the only location for pager services support. Hours of operation are:
- Walk in service: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 10 a.m. and noon – 3 p.m.
- Appointments: Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 8 a.m., 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Walk-in service will start and you will not need an appointment for:
- Pager troubleshooting
- Pager replacements
- To ensure HITS staff can dedicate the time needed, appointments are required for:
- Offsite customers
- Picking up more than 5 pagers
- Changes to more than 5 pagers
- All other requests must FIRST submit a request via the Michigan Medicine Help Center (see options below). A drop-off table will not be available at the HITS Paging Office.
Please be sure to record the ticket number you receive after submitting your request.
For new pagers, pager changes, Page Copy (forwarding pages to a cell phone), pager archives, etc., visit the Michigan Medicine Help Center and search for “Paging Services,” or navigate to the appropriate form to:
- Add/Remove Paging Authorized Signers
- Request New Pager Group
- Request New Pager/Pager Changes
- Request Page Copy
- Request Archived Pages
Emergency after-hours support is available by calling 734-936-8000.
What about the other Help Me Now walk-in centers?
At this time, the Towsley, Taubman and North Campus (NCRC) locations do not have a set date for reopening, but stay tuned for more details to come!