Facilitating Conversations for an Anti-Racist Workplace
Thursday, July 15, 2021
10:00am - 11:00am
This workshop is open to faculty and staff who are managers and supervisors.
In this session, managers and supervisors will learn and practice an approach to use a guiding template for facilitating 15-minute anti-racism discussions with their team. We will also share a plan on how to begin conversations on sensitive topics, and view a conversation in action.
You will learn to:
- Strengthen facilitation skills for short discussion
- Advance self-confidence as a Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI) discussion facilitator
- Leverage existing content and templates to promote robust discussions
You will benefit by:
- Improving facilitation skills that support brief discussions on sensitive topics
- Learning how to create an inclusive, safe environment for discussions
- Having a plan for what you’ll do if tensions arise
This workshop is facilitated by the Advocacy and Professional Development subcommittee of the Anti-Racism Oversight Committee (AROC).