Science and research through a visual lens, how one virtual program changed the anatomical sciences — and more health stories
May 12, 2021 // FOUND IN: News
P.S. Want to receive new stories straight to your inbox? Sign up for the blog e-newsletters!
- Michigan Health Lab Turns 5 – The Michigan Health Lab blog, and its sister blog Michigan Health, are celebrating their 5th anniversary, and it’s all thanks to you, our readers.
- Michigan Health Lab’s 5 Most Viewed Stories May Surprise You – And one (or all) of them may serve as your next interesting read.
- Science and Research Through a Visual Lens – A look back at some of the most memorable illustrations that have accompanied Michigan Health Lab articles over the years.
- Care Teams Differ for Black, White Surgical Patients in the Same Hospitals – Could the makeup of care teams explain why Black patients are more likely than white patients to die after heart surgery in the same hospitals?
- Study Reveals the Gateway to Conscious Awareness – Researchers identify a key area in the cortex that appears to be the gate of conscious awareness.
- How One Virtual Program Changed the Anatomical Sciences – This online educational resource has proved to be an incredibly useful tool for faculty and students during the pandemic.
- Celebrating 5 Years of the Michigan Health Blog – Michigan Health, and its sister blog Michigan Health Lab, are celebrating their 5th anniversary, and it’s all thanks to you, our readers.
- Golden Oldies: 5 Health Stories You Should Still Read – Some classics, even years later, remain as relevant as ever.
- The Visuals Behind the Stories – Five eye-catching images and videos that helped define some of Michigan Health’s articles over the last five years.
- The Forecast for COVID Vaccines for Kids – What to expect with vaccine rollouts coming up for adolescents and younger children.
- What is HPV? – Your guide to frequently asked questions about the most common sexually transmitted infection in the United States.
- Pandemic Worsened Many Older Adults’ Mental Health and Sleep, Poll Finds, But Long-Term Resilience Also Seen – Nearly 1 in 3 express reservations about getting help if they need it.
- Toddler’s Port Wine Stains Inspire ‘Purple Polka Dot’ Procession, Pride – A young girl with an unpreventable birthmark and how her family educates others about her treatments for it.
- COVID-19 Coverage – Get the latest stories from the Michigan Health and the Michigan Health Lab on the coronavirus outbreak.