Plan ahead and expect delays: Road work around Ann Arbor
May 3, 2021 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised of ongoing road work that is expected to cause traffic delays around Ann Arbor.
Plan ahead and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area. Here’s what you need to know:
- Beginning today, Ashley Street is scheduled to be closed at the intersection of Liberty Street to allow for streetscape improvements.
- Vehicles traveling northbound on Ashley will be detoured east on William Street, then north on Fourth Avenue, west on Huron Street back to Ashley.
- Vehicles traveling eastbound on Liberty will be detoured south on First Street, east on William Street, north on Fourth Avenue back to Liberty.
- Vehicles traveling westbound on Liberty Street will be detoured north on Fourth Avenue, west on Huron Street, south on First Street back to Liberty.
- Local traffic will be maintained on Ashley and Liberty and local businesses will remain open and accessible.
- Pedestrian traffic will be maintained on one side of the street at all times.
- Work is expected to be completed by 5 p.m. on Saturday, May 15 and the intersection reopened to westbound vehicle traffic on Liberty and northbound vehicle traffic on Ashley.
- Eastbound vehicle traffic on Liberty is expected to remain closed until Monday, May 31.?
- The closure along East Huron Street between Glen Avenue and Zina Pitcher Place has been extended until Saturday, May 15 at 6 p.m.