Parking and transportation options to support faculty and staff hybrid work schedules
There are multiple parking and transportation options available to support faculty and staff who are on campus infrequently or work a hybrid remote work schedule.
Free parking and transportation
- East Ann Arbor employee parking and shuttle service
- Service begins from the EC1 lot at 3:20 a.m. on Monday mornings. Service ends at 5 a.m. on Saturday morning.
- Shuttles pick up parkers from bus shelters located in the EC1 parking lot and drop them off at their parked cars after daylight hours.
- AAATA Park & Ride Program
The AAATA Park & Ride program provides free parking (no permit required) and free rides to and from several U-M locations. Just swipe your valid yellow MCard in the card reader when boarding.
- Lot NC37 (Green Road, near Baxter Road): Served by AAATA and U-M Transit
- Plymouth Road/US-23 (Plymouth Rd. at US-23, southwest corner of the intersection): Served by AAATA
- Miller Road Lot (south side of Miller Rd at M14): Served by AAATA
- Ann Arbor Pioneer High School (Main St at Stadium Blvd): Served by AAATA
- Lot SC34 (South State Street, across from car dealership): Served by AAATA
Active students, faculty and staff with a yellow MCard have unlimited access to TheRide’s fixed route bus service through an agreement by which U-M pays fares for U-M riders.
A registered carpool can consist of two or more eligible faculty/staff members who can commit to riding together each work day, except for those days a member must drive separately for personal reasons. For a nominal fee, any carpool of four or more members may obtain a reserved parking space in a lot or structure in proximity to their workplace, where available.
- Daily parking permits
Logistics, Transportation & Parking has recently modified daily parking options to support faculty and staff who are on campus infrequently or with hybrid work arrangements.
Participants are no longer limited to 60 daily parks on an annual basis. Eligibility requirements for daily parking options remain the same.
- Annual permit
Annual parking permits are available for eligible faculty and staff. The parking system is tiered and color-coded, with different costs depending upon the color (orange, yellow, blue, gold).
For additional information on parking and transportation alternatives, visit ltp.umich.edu.