COVID-19 upticks among kids and teens, 6 things to do when visiting the emergency room — and more health stories
May 3, 2021 // FOUND IN: News
P.S. Want to receive new stories straight to your inbox? Sign up for the blog e-newsletters!
- Who Has a Right to Ask if You’re Vaccinated? Why a false controversy about vaccine privacy and “passports” threatens to prolong the pandemic.
- 6 Things to Do When Visiting the Emergency Room: To help things go smoothly, follow (and save) these steps ahead of your E.R. visit from an emergency medicine clinician.
- COVID Upticks Among Kids and Teens: What Parents Should Know: Why places are seeing record increases among kids and how families can minimize exposure risks.
- COVID-19 Coverage: Get the latest stories from the Michigan Health and the Michigan Health Lab on the coronavirus outbreak.
- Most Few Young Adult Men Have Gotten the HPV Vaccine: And it’s become a serious health issue. Here’s why.
- New Technology Predicts ICU Need for COVID-19 and General Ward Patients: The technology outperformed similar products used to predict deterioration for both general ward and COVID patients requiring transfer to intensive care units.
- Body’s Natural Pain Killers Can Be Enhanced: A possible way to side-step potentially dangerous pain killers? Harness the body’s ability to block pain.
- Tipping the Scales: A previously simple health care need became nearly impossible during the pandemic. How one team acted quickly to find a solution.
- Treating Dental Pain with Opioids Linked to Higher Risk of Overdose in Patients and Family Members: New research shows overdose rates were two and a half times higher among patients who filled a prescription for an opioid medication after a dental procedure, compared with those who didn’t.
- HPV Fuels Uptick in Head and Neck Cancers in Taiwan, Study Finds – Vaccines and other policies could help keep in check a disease that’s becoming increasingly common worldwide.
- New Data Could Inform Youth-Focused Pandemic Messaging – Polls of people aged 14 to 24 show the importance of focusing communications on protecting others.