Most young people eager for COVID-19 vaccine; Better Zzzs, better health — and more health stories
April 26, 2021 // FOUND IN: News
P.S. Want to receive new stories straight to your inbox? Sign up for the blog e-newsletters!
- A new computer algorithm can screen for a fatal complication in scleroderma patients.
- Delaying Cardiovascular Surgeries Due to COVID-19 Has Serious Psychological Effects on Patients – Postponements during the pandemic sparked anxiety and fear, with many concerned about dying before getting surgery.
- New Urine-Based Test Holds Promise for Detecting Aggressive Prostate Cancer – Researchers say it performed better than existing biomarker tests in initial preclinical evaluations.
- Attacking Aortic Aneurysms Before They Grow – A study investigates a genetic culprit behind a potentially deadly condition.
- New Algorithm Uses Online Learning for Massive Cell Data Sets – It’s a way for researchers world-wide to analyze large data sets using the amount of memory found on a laptop.
- Most Young People Eager for COVID-19 Vaccine, Poll Shows – But a sizable minority say they’re not willing to get vaccinated, or that their decision will depend on safety.
- When COVID Dealt Struggling Medical Students Another Blow, the Shield Fund Provided a Lifeline – “A student I knew well was getting skinnier before my eyes, and I assumed it was anxiety. It was devastating poverty.”
- A New Online Master’s Degree Changing the Game – It’s a University of Michigan degree without needing to relocate to Ann Arbor.
- 5 Ways to Get Young Kids to Wear Face Masks – Starting Monday in the state of Michigan, a new mandate will require toddlers, ages 2-4 years-old, to wear a mask in public areas.
- Better ZZZs, Better Health – How to sleep well and reap the benefits, especially during a pandemic.
- Back Pain: A Thing of the Past – Repairing a vertebrae in her lower back signifcantly relieved severe pain, and now, at 80 years-old, Peggy Arden has no plans on slowing down.
- A Pregnant Liver Transplant Recipient Conquers COVID-19 – A mom of five received a monoclonal antibody treatment just months before she delivered her youngest child.
- Unique Heart Failure Service Equips Patients with Lifesaving Tools – The service provides health monitoring, support and education with a goal of minimizing the need for patients to be readmitted to the hospital.
- COVID-19 Coverage – Get the latest stories from the Michigan Health and the Michigan Health Lab on the coronavirus outbreak.