Daily parking options for faculty and staff
For faculty and staff who are on campus infrequently — which is considered 60 or fewer times per permit year — here is a list of parking options:
Structure and gated lot access: For parking structures and for NC43 and NC60 (does not include Forest Street Parking Structure, P3 or P5):
- Daily Blue parking permit (sometimes called a Light Blue permit) is available for purchase. Permit contains a chip to lift gates upon entry/exit. $5.50 per park and a $20 deposit for the device. ONLY valid in gated areas on campus (Blue parking). Parks can be refilled online at https://ltp.umich.edu/parking/permit-parking/dpt-daily-parking/pre-paid-parks-information-page/.
Non-gated surface lot parking
- Scratch off permits: The month, date and year for the day parking is needed is scratched off and then displayed in the vehicle. Currently, a pack of 10 parks costs $55 ($5.50 per park). Valid in Blue, Yellow and Orange parking.
- Printed daily permit:
- Some staff prefer to pay the Orange/Yellow daily rate for parking ($2/$3 per day).
- If staff are interested in this option, they can stop by Parking Customer Services (PCS) the morning they need a parking permit and pay for just that day to park.
- PCS provides a paper parking permit with the date on the permit to display in the vehicle.
- In addition, some staff know that they work every other Monday (for example) and so will stop in to purchase permits for the month (May 1 and May 15, for example, for a total of $4/$6).
- This option does require staff to stop by PCS more frequently, so most staff prefer to go with the packet of 10 scratch off permits for $55.
Obtaining/exchanging a parking permit
Stop in to Parking Customer Services with your current permit to swap it out or purchase a daily option.
There are City of Ann Arbor parking meters in front of the PCS office (currently enforcement starts at 8 a.m. and PCS opens at 7:30 a.m.)