You’re invited: 2021 Diversity in Medicine Conference
The 2021 Diversity in Medicine Conference will take place tomorrow, March 6, beginning at 9 a.m. The event is virtual and open to all Michigan Medicine faculty, staff and learners.
This year’s theme is “Enacting Change: The Physician’s Role in Social Justice, Diversity and Intersectionality.”
Anyone with an interest in learning more about diversity, equity, and inclusion in the medical field is encouraged to register and attend. Registration is free!
Here is a rundown of speakers, workshops and other events:
- 9 a.m.: Keynote speaker, LaShyra Nolen, medical student at Harvard University
- 9:30 a.m.: Panel, “Getting uncomfortable: How to discuss race, gender and other identities within health care”
- 10:25 a.m.: Poster session A
- 11 a.m.: Panel, “Beyond the exam room: Physician engagement and advocacy in social justice”
- 12:30 p.m.: Keynote speaker, Randy Vince, M.D., urologic oncology fellow, Michigan Medicine
- 1 p.m.: Poster session B
- 1:35 p.m.: Changemaker conversation, “What to do when you meet resistance for your cause”
- 2:20 p.m.: Workshop, “Voting like health depends on it: Voter registration in health care settings”
- 2:55 p.m.: Workshop, “Disabusing disability”
- 3:30 p.m.: Keynote speaker, Uché Blackstock, M.D., founder and CEO, Advancing Health Equity
Click here for more information and to register.