Take part in virtual Match Day festivities!
March 19 is Match Day, an exciting milestone for graduating medical students when they find out where they have been accepted for residency training and will begin the next phase in their medical education. Match Day also marks the beginning of their entry into the profession as a physician — a vocation that continues to be called to greater service during the COVID-19 pandemic.
On Friday at approximately noon, each student will receive online notification from the National Resident Matching Program containing the name of the medical center where they will embark on specialized training to shape their medical careers. Due to the continued restrictions on in-person events due to the pandemic, Michigan Medicine will be celebrating Match Day virtually with our students and their families.
There are several ways you, as members of the medical community, can share in students’ excitement and offer well wishes throughout the week:
- Post a photo and/or message directly on the Michigan Medicine Match Day website or by texting it to 650-549-9021.
- Share your comments on your public social media accounts by using the #GoBlueMatch hashtag and/or tagging these U-M Medical School accounts. Your posts will appear on our website’s social media wall.
- Twitter: @UmichMedAdmiss
- Instagram: @UmichMedSchool
On Friday, please take part in students’ virtual Match Day festivities by visiting this site to:
- Watch as they pin their residency locations to a virtual map,
- View the #GoBlueMatch social media posts as they stream in from near and far, and
- Read more about where this class matched.
Thank you for your role in making this a celebration they will remember.