Patient Experience Learning Forum: Elevating the Patient Experience in the Virtual Environment
Thursday, April 29, 2021
1:00pm - 2:30pm
Virtual - Zoom Webinar
Join us for an engaging presentation and interdisciplinary panel discussing the unique challenges posed by providing care in the virtual environment, and best practices for showing patients and families that we care.
Participants will receive a brief introduction to the concept of patient experience and the unique challenges faced by patients and families during the COVID-19 pandemic, including the increasing role of virtual care, and learn about strategies and behaviors that they can employ to show patients and families that they care in the virtual setting (e.g. video, phone). The didactic component will be followed by an interdisciplinary panel of Michigan Medicine providers sharing their experiences of providing care in the virtual setting, and lessons learned. After completing this session, participants will be able to effectively employ behaviors in the virtual care environment that show patients and families that we care. The target audience is all faculty, staff, and learners at Michigan Medicine.
- Nancy Kuemin, JD, Office of Patient Experience
- Kate Balzer, LMSW, Office of Patient Experience
- Rabbi Sara O’Donnell Adler, Department of Spiritual Care
- Julia Chen, MD, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of General Medicine
- William Farr, PT, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Mary Finta, MD, Department of Internal Medicine
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
- The University of Michigan Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Michigan Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Michigan Medicine Nursing Professional Development & Education is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91) 1.5 nursing contact hours will be provided.
- Michigan Medicine Department of Social Work is an approved provider with the Michigan Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative, Provider #MICEC 0056. This program has been approved for a maximum of 1.5 continuing education clock hours.
For more information about the Office of Patient Experience, please visit our website.