Give blood at upcoming drives on campus
Blood donations are as important as ever.
Fortunately, employees will have the chance to give blood at upcoming drives on the Michigan Medicine’s campus.
The drives will be held:
- 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, April 27, Towsley Dining Room
- 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, April 28, Towsley Dining Room
- 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Friday, April 30, Med Sci II, Clasroom 3813/17
These drives are restricted to Michigan Medicine staff, faculty and students.
To schedule an appointment to donate blood, log onto RedCrossBlood.org (sponsor code: goblue) or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767). Appointments are highly recommended. Please bring photo ID.
You may also streamline your donation experience and save up to 15 minutes by visiting RedCrossBlood.org/RapidPass to complete your pre-donation reading and health history questions on the day of your appointment.
- Individuals who have already received the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine are NOT required to defer blood donations. More info here.
- The Red Cross set up a great website with details about their COVID-19 precautions: https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-blood/dlp/coronavirus–covid-19–and-blood-donation.html
- There is currently no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread through blood (more information on the FDA website: https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/mcm-issues/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-frequently-asked-questions).
The drives are also looking for volunteers to help at check-in and the canteen. Details about donating or volunteering at the drives can be found at https://wolverinesforlife.org/events.