DEPRESCRIBING & OPTIMIZING SAFE MEDICATION USE AMONG FRAIL OLDER ADULTS: CONSIDERATIONS FOR THE PATIENT & CAREGIVER IN THE HOME SETTING (ON-DEMAND CME & MOC)
Tuesday, February 9, 2021 - Wednesday, February 8, 2023
The Deprescribing and Optimizing Safe Medication Use Among Frail Older Adults: Considerations for the Patient and Caregiver in the Home Setting, addresses the complex needs of older people focusing on the prevention and treatment of disease and disability in the elderly. This on-demand course will be of interest to practitioners taking care of older adults with dementia in the community, in hospitals, and in nursing facilities.
- Telepharmacy Model of Care – Christine Cigolle, MD
- Deprescribing Benzodiazepines in Older Adults – Donovan Maust, MD
- Models of Deprescribing and Application to Aspirin and Statin Use in Older Adults – Kristin Phillips, PharmD, BCGP
- Opioids & Chronic Pain in Older Adults – Maria Silveira, MD, MA, MPH, FAAHPM
- The Contributions of Cognitive Function and Health Literacy in Safe Medication Use in Older Adults – Julija Stelmokas, PsyD, ABPP-CN