What happens after you get the COVID-19 vaccine? — and more health stories
January 26, 2021 // FOUND IN: News
P.S. Want to receive new stories straight to your inbox? Sign up for the blog e-newsletters!
- What Happens After You Get the COVID-19 Vaccine?: A microbiology and immunology specialist breaks down exactly what happens in the body after getting the shot.
- 45% of Adults Over 65 Lack Online Medical Accounts, Which Could Affect COVID-19 Vaccination: A new poll suggests many don’t yet have access to their “patient portal” online systems, even though it could make it easier for them to schedule an appointment.
- Many Parents Say Teens With Anxiety, Depression May Benefit From Peer Confidants at School: According to a new poll, majority of parents thought peer support leaders at school would be beneficial.
- Key Pathway for Activated T-cells Might Be Targeted to Fight GVHD: Research points toward a new potential therapeutic target for decreasing the severity of graft-versus-host-disease, a potentially fatal complication of bone marrow transplantation.
- Are Women Physicians Fairly Represented in the COVID-19 News Cycle?: A pair of investigators analyzed primetime programming from May to June of 2020 on three well-known cable news networks.
- Cross-Country Research Collaboration Brings New Lupus Estimates: Using CDC data, the first credible meta-analysis estimating the prevalence of the disease was published in Arthritis and Rheumatology.
- Study: Transgender Teens Face Unique Challenges while Dating: Young people who are transgender or gender nonconforming face a different set of challenges than their peers during this developmental milestone.
- COVID-19 Coverage: Get the latest stories from the Michigan Health and the Michigan Health Lab on the coronavirus outbreak.