Got screensavers? Consider your screen saved
The Michigan Medicine Department of Communication and Health Information Technology & Services (HITS) are excited to launch a new way to submit a screensaver request. And it’s now faster and much easier!
The screensaver request is no longer processed through HITS — instead, it is now located at the top of the Headlines website alongside the digital sign request form. So, if you would like to post a screensaver and/or a digital sign, consider this as a one-stop shop for both.
“Unfortunately, there was a disconnect between these two communication channels that needed to be addressed,” said Jennifer Williams, employee communication manager. “As our work environments changed, we wanted to make it easier for everyone at Michigan Medicine to get the word out about important programs and initiatives by utilizing all possible channels.”
The new process for submitting screensavers is part of a larger communication initiative aimed at keeping employees as informed as possible. Among other recent changes are the Blue Queue daily email and the frequent Ops Updates.
“As the communication landscape continues to evolve, we are looking for ways to make processes easier for all colleagues to communicate,” said Williams. “We’re so proud to bring this screensaver process in house and ensure that submitting a graphic is as easy and seamless as possible.”
The team also created several design templates to provide a simple way for faculty, staff and learners to edit and submit content. Within each file are instructions on how to edit and upload the final design. The templates are available for download on the request form.
How to submit a screensaver request
- Click the link “Digital Sign and Screensaver Request Form” at the top of the Headlines homepage.
- Read the guidelines and download the design templates.
- Fill out the form and don’t forget to upload your image.
All content should:
- Be appropriate for all audiences.
- Digital signs can be targeted to a specific building or department. Screensavers cannot be targeted.
- Provide updates and resources to employees.
- Recognize the work and dedication of faculty and staff.
- Offer reminders about important deadlines.
- Make announcements of new department or unit programs and initiatives.
Content should NOT include:
- Personal messages
- Political statements
- Commercial brands or advertising
- Events and activities not supported by Michigan Medicine or the university
If you have any questions about digital signage or screensaver, please email email@example.com.