Faculty workshop: How to navigate Twitter and maximize your presence on social media
Interested in social media for promoting your work at Michigan Medicine? Join Ed Bottomley, social media strategist for the Michigan Medicine Department of Communication, for a session on how to navigate Twitter and maximize your presence on social media.
This session will provide a broad explanation of Michigan Medicine’s social media strategy, guidance on privacy, how to set up your Twitter bio, and best practices for Twitter. Information on how to set up a Twitter account will be sent in advance.
Here are just a few of the many positive reasons to start a personal professional account:
- It gives faculty a chance to grow their personal professional profile through extended reach, and share research and expertise with peers, policymakers and journalists.
- You can build relationships on Twitter with real-life consequences, such as research collaborations.
- You can stay up-to-date on your discipline.
- Your account will help to amplify exemplary work and accolades of trainees, colleagues and peers.
- It will expand the reach of your own research.
Date: Monday, Feb. 22
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Location: Held online, link will be sent in registration confirmation email
This workshop is hosted by the Office of Faculty Development and is intended for faculty. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to attend this workshop or have questions about accessibility, please contact us at UMMS-Faculty-Development@med.umich.edu.