Expect delays: Road work around the area
January 11, 2021 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised of road work taking place around Ann Arbor. Plan ahead and expect delays if you will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- From today until 5 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 16, westbound Packard Street between South Main and South Fourth Avenue is scheduled to be closed for utility work.
- Westbound traffic will be detoured north on South Fourth Avenue and west on East William Street back to South Main Street.
- Pedestrian traffic will be maintained on the south side of Packard.
- On Saturday and Sunday, Jan. 16-17, a segment of Thompson Street is anticipated to be closed in both directions between East William and East Jefferson.
- Southbound Thompson Street traffic will be detoured east on William, south on Maynard and west on Jefferson back to Thompson.
- Northbound traffic will be detoured east on Jefferson, north on Maynard and west on William back to Thompson.
- Pedestrian detours will be posted
- The southern entrance to the W-13 parking lot will also be closed.
- This same closure is expected to occur again in February and March. Information regarding the timing of the subsequent closures will be shared in future traffic updates as those dates are finalized.
Details on AAATA bus route detours can be found at https://www.theride.org/rider-alerts.