You’re invited: Evan Newport HOPE and JOY Awards
All Michigan Medicine faculty and staff are warmly invited to the 2020 Evan Newport HOPE & JOY Awards Ceremony on Wednesday, Dec. 9 from 2-3 p.m.
This year’s event will be held virtually via Zoom. Please register at the link below for the login information and to add the event to your calendar.
All are welcome to join the celebration to honor the finalists and winners of the Evan Newport HOPE and JOY Awards, celebrating the ongoing and innovative practices and initiatives that are improving the patient and family experience at Michigan Medicine. These awards were established to formally recognize the ongoing patient- and family-centered care practices and initiatives that are happening each day within Michigan Medicine.
Please congratulate the 2020 finalists for the Evan Newport HOPE Award! Winners will be announced at the ceremony.
Individual finalists, adult services
- Carrie Battles, R.N., Medical Short Stay Unit
- Judy Benkeser, R.N., B.S.N., C.C.M., care navigator, UMMG Care Navigation – Taubman General Medicine Clinic
- Samantha Judkins, B.S.N., R.N., CNML, nursing supervisor, University Hospital 8D
- Joseph Norman, M.D., assistant professor, Internal Medicine – Hospital Medicine
- Elliot Tapper, M.D., assistant professor, Internal Medicine – Gastroenterology
Individual finalists, children’s, women’s and psychiatry services
- Michele Brown, LMSW, social work supervisor, Department of Social Work – Ambulatory Psychiatry
- Marybeth Carlson, R.N., CW 10E-Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Ashley Jentz, LMSW, clinical social worker, Department of Social Work – Pediatric Home Ventilator Program
- Alex Peahl, M.D., M.Sc., clinical lecturer, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Melisa Scott, C.N.M., certified nurse midwife, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology – Nurse Midwifery
Team finalists, adult services
- Care Management Social Work
- Department of Respiratory Care
- RICU Care Team
- University Hospital Unit 7C – Cardiology
Team finalists, children’s, women’s and psychiatry services
- Cystic Fibrosis Center, Department of Pediatric Pulmonology
- Nyman Family Unit for Child and Adolescent Mental Health and Wellness
- Michigan Medicine Security
- Pediatric Audiology Team, Department of Otolaryngology