Shine a Light: Recognize a colleague who is making a difference
The Michigan Medicine Spirituality Resource Group (SRG) is a voluntary, member-led group that discusses the role spirituality plays in everyday work at Michigan Medicine. The group provides a mechanism for feedback to leadership on how to foster inclusion and collaboration in the context of spirituality.
The SRG is taking this opportunity to promote the Michigan Medicine Recognition Site which provides different ways to recognize colleagues who inspire and make a difference through their dedication, hard work and caring. Since its launch in mid-September, more than 7,000 notes of appreciation have been shared with Michigan Medicine faculty, staff and learners.
The spirit of this program embodies what the SRG espouses for the culture in Michigan Medicine and our collective well-being.
Please consider “shining the light” on colleagues who make a difference. You cannot fathom the joy and affirmation you may be giving to that person. Take time to send a “Making a Difference” award or an e-card. What a wonderful opportunity given the challenges of 2020 and the timing of the year!
Please use this link to send an award or e-card on the recognition site: http://recognition.med.umich.edu
You are also invited to join the next SRG meeting on Monday, Dec. 21, at 10 am.
The SRG typically meets the fourth Wednesday of each month at 10 a.m.
- Increasing awareness and knowledge among Michigan Medicine leadership regarding spiritual issues that influence our staff, faculty, trainee and/or student work experience.
- Providing insights into how we can increase spiritual and cultural awareness and sensitivity for each other and the populations we serve.
- Providing a forum for diverse perspectives and suggestions for organizational improvement to be heard.
- Submitting suggestions for organizational improvement to leadership for consideration.
- Serving as a champion of diversity/inclusion, engagement and climate improvement efforts throughout Michigan Medicine.
Power of Peace: Reflecting on Beautiful Qualities for Hope and Resilience, Wednesdays Noon-12:30 p.m., 15-minute supportive discussion, and 15-minute guided meditation
Join Zoom Meeting: https://umich-health.zoom.us/j/698019172
Michigan Medicine Care Chaplains and the Spiritual Care staff at Michigan Medicine are dedicated to serving the needs of our patients, their families and caregivers, and our staff.
These unprecedented times require us to be flexible and creative in delivering care. As a result, we have brought together a collection of multi-faith resources that we hope will be helpful to you.