Reminder: Wipe it clean
Whether you are changing or upgrading computers or upgrading your cell phone, it’s important to remember that you must completely wipe it clean. The Michigan Medicine Information Assurance team shares a few tips on what you need to know.
Did you know?
- Deleting files from a device like a PC, laptop or phone does NOT completely remove your information from the device.
- Securely wiping the data prevents it from recovery.
Using personal devices for work purposes?
- Properly delete U-M files and data (when your role or employment status changes.)
- Wipe the device before you resell, transfer, or recycle it.
- It’s policy!
Leave no data behind!
For more information about wiping devices, see the Safe Computing website: Erase Personal Devices Before Disposal
Contact the HITS Service Desk for assistance:
- CLICK help.medicine.umich.edu
- CALL 734- 936-8000.
For more information about cyber safety, visit: