Parking and transportation update: Holiday season service changes
Please be advised that modifications to parking and transit service will occur over the holiday season, which this year runs from Dec. 23, 2020 through Jan. 3, 2021.
Plan ahead if you will be parking in the area. Here’s what you need to know:
From 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 22 until 6 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 4:
- Parking permits are not required in most U-M parking lots and structures. Recommended “free” parking options for medical campus employees include:
- Structures: Glen, Ann, Catherine, Wall Street, Palmer and Fletcher
- Lots: M27, M28, M29, M34, M50, M65, M66, M87 & Fuller Pool
- Parking permits are required in P1, P2/P3, P4 and P5 structures, along with the M71 and M95 (Arbor Heights) surface lots. These parking areas will be enforced throughout the holiday season. In addition, special signed spaces (Gold, Accessible, Service, Business, Commercial Vehicle, etc.) will require appropriate permits and remain enforced at all times.
- Due to patient/visitor activity, on Wednesday, Dec 23 and Thursday, Dec 24, Yellow AVI permit parkers will not have access to park in P3, P4 and P5 during the day as is typical for holidays/season days. Please utilize the “free” parking options noted above. Access will be provided from Dec. 25 – Jan. 3 (program description).
- Medical campus afternoon or night shift staff, who cannot be accommodated by the Wall Street Express bus service or “free” options, can park in P2 (Dec. 25 – Jan. 3). Staff must exit via a patient/visitor lane and show their Yellow or Orange parking permit to the attendant for free exit.
- Patient and visitor parking will continue at P1 – P5 throughout the holiday season, except on Dec. 25 and Jan. 1, when parking will be free. Patient and visitor parking at Fletcher and Palmer structures will be free throughout the holiday season (Dec. 24 – Jan. 3).
Transit service will be modified over the holiday season (see Holiday Calendar):
- From Wednesday, Dec. 23 through Saturday, Jan. 2, 2021, only the Wall Street Express (weekdays only) and Winter Break Northwood routes will operate. Please note there is NO BUS or SHUTTLE SERVICE on Dec. 25 or Jan. 1.
- Wall Street Express will run a special holiday schedule between 6:15 a.m. and 8 p.m. on weekdays to and from the Wall Street area and the U-M hospitals. Bus frequency will vary from 7-8 minutes depending on the time of day. Please check the departure schedule.
- Commuter lot parkers are encouraged to park FREE along Wall Street and take the Wall Street Express to/from the hospitals. There will be NO BUS SERVICE for Glazier Way, Mitchell Field, NC78, NC90/91, Green Road, Crisler Center and East Ann Arbor commuter lots from Dec. 23 – Jan. 3. Regular service to these lots will resume on Jan. 4. See Holiday Parking Map.
- Winter Break Northwood buses will run every 40 minutes and will follow the Winter Break schedule.
- East Ann Arbor Employee Parking Shuttles, Michigan Medicine Late Night Service (ends 6 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 23), Ride Home and State Street Ride will not operate from Dec. 23 – Jan. 3. Service will resume on Jan. 4.
- Paratransit Service will not be available on Dec. 25 or Jan. 1. Registered passengers who need service between Dec. 26 – Dec. 31 may call Golden Limousine directly at 734-999-0468 and choose option 1. Normal operations will resume on Jan. 4.
Visit ltp.umich.edu for additional information on department hours of operation and the Extended Student Break (November 29 – January 16, 2021) service change.
Visit AAATA’s website for information on their holiday service changes.
Thank you for your cooperation!