Adobe Flash Player to be retired at end of 2020
Adobe Flash Player will be completely removed from all operating systems and browsers in January 2021. This includes all HITS managed Windows devices and HITS managed Windows servers.
Microsoft and Adobe along with other industry partners will end support for Adobe Flash Player on Dec. 31, 2020. The decision to end support for Flash Player was made by Adobe due to the diminished usage of the technology and the availability of better, more secure options such as HTML5, WebGL and WebAssembly.
Impact on browsers
- Google Chrome has marked Flash Player as out of date and has blocked it from loading as of January 2021.
- Internet Explorer (IE11) and Edge Legacy will have Flash Player uninstalled in January 2021.
- If Adobe Flash Player is required for your application to function, please work with your vendor(s) for support.
- There is no action needed for Coreimage users. Other Adobe products will not be affected.
- Click: Online service portal
- Call: 734-936-8000
- NOTE: All Help Me Now locations are temporarily closed