Plan ahead: Changes to parking and transportation services during upcoming holidays
In preparation for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday break and extended student break, please be advised of the following modifications for parking and transportation services:
- Staff parking: Parking enforcement will be suspended from Wednesday, Nov. 25 until Friday, Nov. 27 for permits and meter fees in all parking areas except the Rogel Cancer Center (P1), Taubman North/South (P2/P3), Mott/Simpson (P4) and Frankel Cardiovascular Center (P5) parking structures and the M71 and M95 surface lots. In addition, special signed spaces (Gold, Accessible, Service, Business, Commercial Vehicle, etc.) will require appropriate permits and remain enforced at all times. Regular parking enforcement will resume at 6 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 28.
- Patient and visitor parking: Patient and visitor parking on medical campus will continue over the holiday week. The patient/visitor areas at the Fletcher Street and Palmer parking structures will be closed from 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 25 until 6:30 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 30.
- On Wednesday, Nov. 25, transit service will be reduced and will run only the Wall Street Express (6:15 a.m.-8 p.m.) service. All other bus and shuttle services will not operate.
- There will be NO BUS OR SHUTTLE SERVICE on Thursday and Friday, Nov. 26-27. Regular weekend transit service will resume on Saturday, Nov. 28.
- There will be no East Ann Arbor Employee Parking Shuttle, Late Night Shuttle (ends 6 a.m. Wednesday morning), Ride Home or State St. Ride from Wednesday-Friday, Nov. 25-27. These services will resume on Monday, Nov. 30.
- From Nov. 21 through Nov. 24, medical campus routes will operate as normal. Campus routes will all be operating, but at a reduced frequency. See Magic Bus for live tracking.
- There will be no paratransit services on Thursday-Friday, Nov. 26-27.
Transit service change: Extended student break (Sunday, Nov. 29 – Saturday, Jan. 16, 2021)
The following safety measures remain in place with the transit service change:
- Face coverings are required. No mask, no service.
- Bus routes redesigned to approximately 15 minutes or less.
- Riders per bus reduced by nearly half (seated passengers only).
- All university drivers have been performing daily medical screening as a reminder to stay home if sick. Medical screening has been expanded to include the entire university for your safety.
- Windows must remain open on the bus. We apologize for the inconvenience on the short trip.
- Drivers will take advantage of stops to open doors for increased ventilation.
- Increased air filtration for all buses.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of frequently touched surfaces.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed as a barrier between passengers and drivers.
- Requiring rear door boarding and alighting (unless wheelchair access is needed).
- Signage on the bus exterior, interior, and at stops reminding riders of public health measures.
- Only approach the driver for emergencies.
- Avoid touching surfaces and carry hand sanitizer with you if possible.
Michigan Medicine routes
Michigan Medicine routing, including Crisler Express, Glazier Express, Wall Street and East Ann Arbor routes will continue without schedule changes. The Med Express outbound route will no longer service the NCRC (south shelter) beginning at 7:55 p.m. daily (alternate stop provided at Hubbard/Hayward).
Beginning on Monday, Nov. 30, Transit Services will operate the Crisler and Glazier Express services in blue buses.
- Paratransit, Emergency Ride Home, Michigan Medicine Late Night Shuttles, Ride Home and State Street Ride will continue operations.
- Safe Ride service will end on the last day of exams (Friday, Dec. 18) and resume the first day of classes (Tuesday, Jan. 19).
Over the winter holiday season (Dec. 23 – Jan. 3), there will be additional modifications to parking and transportation services. Stay tuned for information in the coming weeks.