Give blood at upcoming drives on campus
With COVID-19 numbers once again rising, blood donations are as important as ever.
Fortunately, employees will have the chance to give blood at three upcoming drives right on the main hospital campus.
The drives will be held:
- 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Monday, Nov. 16, Towsley Lobby
- 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 24, Towsley Lobby
- 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 25, Towsley Lobby
To schedule an appointment to donate blood, log onto RedCrossBlood.org (sponsor code: goblue) or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767). Appointments are highly recommended. Please bring photo ID.
You may also streamline your donation experience and save up to 15 minutes by visiting RedCrossBlood.org/RapidPass to complete your pre-donation reading and health history questions on the day of your appointment.
Please note, these drives are open to faculty, staff and medical students only.
All blood donations will count toward the Blood Battle competition against Ohio State.
Donors will walk away with this year’s Blood Battle t-shirt and a BOGO coupon for Washtenaw Dairy, while supplies last.
- The Red Cross set up a great website with details about their COVID-19 precautions: https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-blood/dlp/coronavirus–covid-19–and-blood-donation.html
- There is currently no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread through blood (more information on the FDA website: https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/mcm-issues/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-frequently-asked-questions).