Plan ahead and expect delays: Maiden Lane construction project
October 6, 2020 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised of an upcoming construction project along Maiden Lane near the academic medical center.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area. Here’s what you need to know:
- Beginning at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 7, Maiden Lane between Broadway Street and Island Drive is scheduled to be closed to vehicle traffic.
- Northwest-bound traffic intending to access Pontiac Trail via Moore Street should follow Fuller Road westbound from East Medical Center Drive; then continue westbound on Fuller Street at the Glen Avenue intersection; then turn left onto southbound Carey Street; then turn right onto westbound East Summit Street; then right onto northbound North Division Street; continuing northeast-bound on Broadway Street to turn left onto Moore Street.
- Northwest-bound traffic intending to access Plymouth Road may follow the above detour or continue northwest-bound on Maiden Lane to Island Drive; then turn left on Island Drive to Wall Street; then turn right onto Wall Street to Broadway Street; then turn right onto Broadway Street and continuing to Plymouth Road.
- Southwest-bound traffic on Plymouth Road intending to access southeast-bound Maiden Lane will turn right on Moore Street; then left on Pontiac Trail; then follow southbound Pontiac Trail to Swift Street; then left onto Broadway Street; right onto Wall Street to Island Drive; then turn right onto Maiden Lane.
- Northeast-bound North Division Street and northeast-bound Broadway Street intending to access southeast-bound Maiden Lane will turn right on Wall Street; continue to Island Drive; then turn right on Maiden Lane.
- Pedestrian traffic will have access on the northeast side of Maiden Lane and will not need to follow a pedestrian detour.
- The project is expected to be completed by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 14.