LastPass password manager available to Michigan Medicine employees
Michigan Medicine offers LastPass Enterprise password manager as an opt-in service to the Michigan Medicine community members who have an email address at med.umich.edu and a Michigan Medicine (Level-2) password.
In addition to enrolling into a LastPass Enterprise account, Michigan Medicine encourages you to also create a free LastPass Premium account for your personal passwords’ security.
As of Aug. 15, 2020, there is a new password requirement for newly created, changed or reset UMICH (Level-1) passwords:
- They must be 15 characters or longer.
- Will be dynamically assessed for strength using an algorithm that calculates a strength score.
- Will be checked against a database of known breached passwords.
Existing UMICH (Level-1) passwords are not affected by the new requirements, until you need to change your password.
LastPass has a password generator tool that is easy to use and offers a lot of different ways to create strong, unique passwords that meet the new UMICH (Level-1) password requirements. Other benefits include:
- A secure password manager that stores all of your usernames and passwords in one safe place.
- Saving time with autofill (hands-free login!)
- No more forgotten passwords
- Better protection for your corporate and personal data with strong, unique passwords
- Supports DUO multi-factor authentication for extra security.
Learn how to create an account and more!
Webpage: LastPass Password Manager
A video is available using MLearning course number: IA-10004 LastPass Password Manager Basics
You can always contact Education & Awareness for Information Assurance at Michigan Medicine for additional cybersecurity education materials: email@example.com.
You must be logged in to post a comment.