Cut back or abstain from alcohol this holiday season
It’s hard to believe that the holiday season is right around the corner. For many, the end of the year will include celebrating the season and connecting with family and friends in person or virtually. Sometimes, this may include alcohol.
If you are looking for tips on how to either be more mindful of your drinking choices or not drink alcohol at all, sign up to receive weekly emails from MHealthy’s Alcohol Management Program (AMP). Every Monday, Nov. 16 through Jan. 4, 2020, participants will receive a “Holiday Stop and Swap” email.
This year, you can choose between two options:
- Practice more mindful drinking and reducing alcohol consumption.
- Practice abstaining from alcohol altogether.
Each email includes:
- Tips and guidance to help cut down or take a break from alcohol
- Tools and resources to help you reflect on your choices
- Swap challenge that encourages making one positive change each week
- Non-alcoholic drink recipe of the week
“Whether your goal is to cut down or take a break from alcohol, each email includes information you can use right away,” said Bethany Lemm, a health educator for AMP. “We also consider today’s challenges like balancing working remotely, virtual learning and meaningful rewards while social distancing.”
As always, anyone wanting help with cutting back on drinking alcohol or quitting altogether can get brief, confidential health education and one-on-one counseling through the Alcohol Management Program.
Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 734-998-2017